Treasury Services provides campus monetary services, receives and receipts departmental deposits, exchanges currency, and coordinates transactions with financial institutions and credit card processors.
- Managers and Supervisors are responsible for balancing their deposits.
- University policy requires a same day deposit of accumulations of $100 in cash OR $500 in cash and checks. Otherwise, deposits must be made on a weekly basis.
Receipt and Departmental Deposit Cards are available at Treasury Services.
- For safety reasons, always endorse stamp your checks as they arrive.
- 3 or more checks should be added together and entered all at once.
- Please clip your adding machine tape to the checks.
- Travelers Checks/Money Orders should be treated the same as a check.
- Please endorse stamp all them Travelers Checks/Money Orders.
Endorsement Stamps available from Helena Stamp Works (406) 442-7171.
- Cash should be sorted by denomination and faced in the same direction.
- Bundling makes counting easier and faster.
- Please bundle your cash as follows:
25 ONES = $25
20 FIVES = $100
25 TENS = $250
25 TWENTIES = $500
Do not bundle if you don't have enough of a denomination as indicated above.
- Large coin amounts should be rolled or brought in bags.
- Put small amounts of coin in an envelope. Write the amount on it.
Credit Cards »
- The Yellow & White copy of the Batch Report & Batch Release should be provided in one long piece.
- Print the Batch Report twice so you'll have a copy for your files.
- The Batch Release must have "Batch in Balance" at the bottom.
Departmental Deposit Cards »
The Department Deposit Form (WFADPST) was created to allow departments to enter the details for their deposits into Banner.
Receipt Cards »
- If a receipt card is needed, please include one with your deposit.
- Let the Cashier Services Representative know whether:
- you will pick up your receipt(s)
- you would your receipt(s) returned via Campus Mail
- For campus mail, include a self addressed envelope with your deposit.